Welcome To My Classic Movies Round-Up Blog


I have been thinking about creating a film blog, so I can do a monthly and yearly summary of the films I have seen, adding some thoughts (no full reviews) and most of all some visual material like photos and gifs. I might also write an article or two.

Since we're at the beginning of the new year, I thought I might as well start the new blog now and do a round-up of last year first. I haven't seen as many films as I would have liked to see because it has been quite a busy and stressful year for me with the move from Amsterdam to Barcelona. But still, I managed to watch 214 films with a total of 323 hours.

Moving to Barcelona has brought me some unexpected pleasure because apart from the fact that it's a wonderful city, movie-wise it has something very special to offer. There is this wonderful venue located in the neighbourhood of Raval, called Filmoteca de Catalunya, and they show classic films on the big screen in original version. You can buy a film pass for only 90 euros and you have unlimited access to films for an entire year. Last summer they had an amazing retrospective of John Ford versus Howard Hawks and I was very fortunate to see a lot of their films, although I'm still a bit upset that I wasn't able to see Only Angels Have Wings due to a planned holiday.

According to statistics on Letterboxd (a film app I regularly use), my most watched actor of 2017 is Tyrone Power. I love Tyrone and I'm very close to finishing his filmography.


My most watched director is John Ford, thanks to the screenings of his films at the Filmoteca (most of them were rewatches).


In the next two posts I will break down the year 2017 into two halves (just too many films to fit in one post), i.e. films seen from January till June and films seen from July till December. Welcome to my film journey!

PHOTOS IN THIS POST FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
*The Razor's Edge (1946) with Tyrone Power and Gene Tierney;
*Brigham Young (1940) with Tyrone Power and Linda Darnell; 
*How Green Was My Valley (1941) with Maureen O'Hara and Walter Pidgeon;
*The Searchers (1956) with John Wayne and Jeffrey Hunter.
© 2018 - CLASSIC MOVIES ROUND-UP • Theme by Maira G.